HOME PAGE OF THE GS&BA
(partners with the Victorian Rail Institute)
It is with great sadness we note the passing after a long battle with illness of long time member Colin Hood.
Colin was a valued member liked and respected within all cue sports.
On behalf of the GSBA Board and all members we extend our deepest sympathies to his family.
Rob Young President GSBA
AGM DATE IS
Thursday 28/01/2021 Time 7pm at the VRI
Nominations for the board are to be received on or before 21/01/21 forms are available under the FORMS Tab
Any business to be discussed at the AGM must be received in writing on or before14/01/21
Re: Covid playing rules
It is our understanding that we are still not allowed to hold any competition events indoors, with that in mind it is impossible for us to complete the 2020 billiards season.
Any change to over 18s being allowed to engage in indoor sports is not expected to be announced till 22nd November.
Until then we are unable to make any decision on having any other form of competition such as singles, round robin or any other. Given time constraints it seems unlikely that any competitive events will take place this year.
It is still our intention to restart the Billiard season if we get permission to resume indoor community sport. At the moment this is not allowed but with the encouraging numbers in the Greater Geelong area it is increasingly likely that restrictions could be relaxed. If this happens we are hopeful we can complete a fixture and have a finals series this year.
Hoping everyone is safe and well during our enforced layoff due to Stage 3 restrictions.
Update 6/08/20 (subject to any Government changes)
Competition Billiards is prohibited under current guidelines for community sport in Geelong for a period of 6 weeks therefore we have suspended our fixture until the end of Stage 3 restrictions.
It is hoped we can resume after this period with a revised schedule.
Update 31/07/20 (subject to any Government changes)
Competition Billiards is not prohibited under current guidelines for community sport in Geelong.
After many phone calls by and to players regarding our competition we formed the opinion that the competition will proceed on a week to week basis.
However the following rules will apply.
1. All non playing members must wear masks inside venues
2. Players are not required to wear masks whilst playing but are encouraged to do so
3. All other rules such as social distancing, hand sanitiser etc are to be observed as per usual
4. Don’t come if you are unwell
Billiards results for Rd 3 have been posted
Handicaps for Billiards season 2020
Div 1: David Collins 250 Robbie Chilcott 150
Div 2: Dale Kent 100
handicaps are subject to review at the discretion of the Board
Update 27/6/20 re: Competition restart
The board has decided to proceed with the Billiards Season
Fixture has been posted on the fixture page
commencement date is Monday July 20th with 2 divisions
[this is subject to any change by the State Government]
Minimum safety regulations
In addition to the 1.5m spacing, Victoria has determined that there must be no more than 20 people per enclosed space. Each table in a venue should only have 2 players – There are no handshakes, high fives or similar permitted.
Sanitise and minimise the use of shared equipment.
The bed cloth is to be ironed regularly during opening hours.
The scoreboard should also be cleaned and disinfected before and after play.
Hygiene, Cleaning and Disinfecting.
Stay at home if Unwell.
All clubs must maintain a sign in register with all visitor names, date, time in & out and contact phone or email
Vulnerable Players are recommended to check with their doctor if concerned.
The GSBA asks everybody to consider their vulnerability, and there is no problem with people electing not to return to play yet.
Update 4/6/20 re: Competition restart
Snooker season has been cancelled for 2020
However the board has decided to proceed with the Billiards Season
commencement date is Monday July 6th with 2 divisions
It is expected to consist of 5 teams in Division 2 and 4 teams in division 1 more information will be given as soon as available
Next Board meeting at VRI TBA
Important notice from the Board
In line with current health guidelines the GS&BA snooker season has been suspended indefinitely.
Starting immediately the current snooker season has been suspended for 4 weeks.
During the coming weeks the Board will make a decision on whether to restart the season or cancel it completely. this decision has been made to limit the exposure of our members to the covid-19 virus.
We will update members via the GSBA website and our Facebook page as any other information comes to hand.
Given the current concerns about the spread of Coronavirus, the GSBA Board wishes to bring to the attention of its members the following.
Handshaking is something we do in our sport every time we meet our opponents and typically at the start and end a match. One of the precautions advised by Federal and State Health Authorities is to avoid contact such as handshaking.
Therefore, and in the best interests of all, the Boards position is that handshaking is no longer recommended while this global threat looms over us.
The following is being passed on by the GSBA Board for the information of all GSBA members and Affiliates. Further announcements may be made.
I am writing to provide you with the up to date Victorian Government’s messaging on COVID-19. See attachment.
• Health authorities are continuing to closely monitor the situation following the outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
• Currently there are no known transmissions of the infection in the community in Victoria. All known cases in Victoria are due to travel overseas or through a direct link with a traveller.
• At this point in time our advice around major events/sporting events/creative events and other public gatherings is that they can still go ahead, and people should go about their lives as normal.
• The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) website includes the most accurate and up to date information regarding COVID-19. Please refer to this as the key resource.
• It would be timely to review and update your business continuity plans/pandemic plans. Refer to the national health sector policy document on emergency response (Australian Health Sector Emergency Response Plan For Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)) which takes precedence over any existing agency plans, where there are inconsistencies.
• Where there are mass gatherings of people, the attached advice/messages have been approved by the DHHS and the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR).
• Should there be specific issues that can’t be answered from the DHHS website material, particularly in the event of COVID-19 cases being identified in Victoria, then you may wish to contact Rob Holland, Director, Office of the Secretary, DJPR on 8392 8031 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for assistance with coordinating a response.
As you know, the situation is dynamic and we will update you as new information comes to hand.
Head | Sport, Recreation & Racing
Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions
- begins before 1hr 20mins has elapsed the frame will conclude at 1hr 45mins with the frame awarded to the player with the higher score
- Begins after 1hr 20mins have elapsed then the frame will be played with 6 reds and will be played in its entirety
- begins after 1hr 45mins have elapsed the frame will be a black ball only
Billiards Singles Champions
Div 1 Robbie Chilcott
Div 2 Graham Whale
Bailey & Dickenson Trophy
Keith Davidson Invitational
Notice to all team captains
Teams must play players in order of merit.
Penalties will apply to teams not doing the right thing.
Penalty will be forfeit of both match points.
A player playing in the number 1 position can only play in positions 1 or 2
and a player playing at number 4 can only play in positions 3 or 4.
Any Issues with this please contact Robert Thomas
Committee for season 2020
President – Robert Young
Vice President – Robert Thomas
Treasurer- Las Ifka
Secretary – John McCarter
Statistician – Rod Vincent 0418407888
The GS&BA encourage members to sign up for a membership at the VRI.
To join, simply go to www.vri.org.au and click onto ‘Join Now’ and fill in your details.
Benefits of being a member are huge discounts on accommodation, cinema & AFL tickets, 15% theme park attractions, discounts on dining, leisure, events and entertainment. Well worth the membership!!